Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Monday, November 22, 2010

32. Kanchanaburi Accommodation & Map

I have a few places in mind for my two night stay in Kanchanaburi,
PLOY Guesthouse
Pong Phen Guesthouse
and the Jolly Frog Backers. (No website)
Sugar Cane GH which has two - Sugarcane GH 1 and Sugarcane GH 2 The first one is closer to town, the other is 1 km further away. Guesthouse 1 is 2 kms from the River Kwai Bridge, Guesthouse 2 is 1 kms from the bridge.

There is a closer to town raft house called Sam's River Rafthouse but so far I haven't seen a good review.

Just noticed on a website, Sam's River Rafthouse is closed for renovation. Still no closer to making a decision.

I emailed Ploy GH and the Category 1 room is in the single story building and is more open and faces the private garden with the outdoor shower, plus it has a fridge.
The Category 2 rooms are on the ground floor of the two story building. This guesthouse includes morning coffee/toast and offers free pick-up from train / bus station. They don't have a restaurant.

If I choose Pong Phen GH, I'll go for a room in the guesthouse around 500/600 baht and I'd select the one with air con plus they have a balcony.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...