Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Sunday, August 1, 2010

11. Rambuttri Village Inn

Another post on accommodation in Bangkok. Rambuttri Village Inn, a few minutes walk to Khao San Road.
I liked the look of this place and after reading from their website, thought this could very well be it! Reading the reviews though, made me a little wary, they weren't all that crash hot, and the common theme seemed to be the staff were unhelpful and very rude.

Nevertheless, I emailed them asking for their rates for the dates I required - I had decided on a Deluxe room as the Deluxe rooms have a fridge, complimentary water and a garden view, but mainly because of the fridge. That meant I could keep some fruit or something and drinks in it, plus I could make tea and coffee if I bought along a small travel electric kettle. But it did also depend on whether there was a lift.
The return email - "For one person cost 650 baht/night.
Please take superior single room cost 650 baht/night 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th floor have elevator too.
For deluxe single don't have elevator and don't have first floor only stairs."

This was very disappointing and I must admit I found this confusing - how can the superior room have a lift but the deluxe one doesn't? Remember too, the deluxe room is a higher price than the superior. It looks like this is probably out. Some of the photos I've seen show rooms with windows facing the pool. I think I'd much prefer a garden view.


Above: Entrance

Price: Nov 01, 2010 - Mar 31, 2011
a) Standard Single Room - 600 Baht - $20.85
b) Superior Single Room - 650 Baht - $22.55
c) Deluxe Single Room - 750 Baht - $26.10
d) Junior Double Room - 780 Baht - $27.10
e) Superior Double Room - 880Baht - $30.53

Security Deposit:
1000 Baht - $34.69 per room at check in to guarantee payment of any incidental charges. It will be returned when checking out.
#You have to leave your room key at reception when going out.




Above: Map showing location


Above: Room facilities

Above: Street entrance view

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...