Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Saturday, July 24, 2010

5. New Siam II

The place I want to be when I'm in Bangkok is Khao San Road. Yes, yes, I know it's full of backpackers, and yes, I know there are stories but, it sounds lively and fun and the photos I saw on flicker decided me - this is where I want to be.

I thought I'd like to go for a bit of style and class and Buddy Lodge at the beginning of Khao San looked just the thing - you even get your own little balcony. Then I saw the price, $85 a night. That's out of my budget. (Sigh)

I've pretty much decided on two places - the Merry V guesthouse or the New Siam II. Both would fit my needs - the Merry V perhaps would be more what I'm after a or two or three or... and good for people watching. Over the years as time has gone by, it had become more popular and there's a variety of travellers staying there, including older backpackers after cheaper accommodation.

 
Above: New Siam II collage

The New Siam have four guesthouses and New Siam II is the one best suited, it has a lift which is what I need. Climbing stairs is difficult. The address for New Siam II is 50 Trok Rong Mai, 10200 | Chanasongkram, Bangkok 10200, Thailand. I read their restaurant is a bit on the pricey side but they did offer a buffet breakfast in 2007, not sure if they still do though.


 
Above: Location map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...